|Pre-kindergarten (3)||must be at least 3 years old|
|Pre-kindergarten (4)||must be at least 4 years old|
|Kindergarten||must be at least 5 years old|
|First grade||must be at least 6 years old|
New student enrollment begins on Monday, March 18, 2013. Each new applicant must submit all of the following to the Main Office (in person or by mail to SMCS Admissions, 1019 South 7th Street, Temple, TX 76504):
- Application for Admissions (our primary information sheet)
- Authorization to Release Information (allowing St. Mary’s Catholic School to retrieve records from a previous school or counseling professional concerning the education, medical, or psychological history of the child)
- $50 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- An official birth certificate (office staff will make a copy and return original)
- A Social Security card (office staff will make a copy and return original)
- Current Immunization record
- Documentation stipulating guardianship (in cases of divorce, adoption, etc.)
- (for a Catholic child) Certificates of Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation and First Reconciliation
- Copy of most recent Report Card
- Copy of most recent Standardized Test Scores (grades 1-8)
- Race/Ethnicity Form
- Teacher Recommendation Form – Provide your child’s current teacher with the Teacher Reference Form and a stamped return envelop addressed to St. Mary’s Catholic School. The teacher may also fax the form to (254) 778-1396.
- Smart Tuition application –Once accepted, a registration fee of $400 is due. Tuition payments are made through Smart Tuition.
The application process also requires an interview with the Principal for entering grades 5-8. All new students in grades 5-8 will be placed on a probationary period for the first nine weeks. The school administers a placement test to new students in grades 2 and above to determine appropriate levels in reading and mathematics.
The well-trained staff of St. Mary’s Catholic School deals with students on a highly individualized basis. Certain needs, however, may require professional attention of a kind other than what we are able to provide. The school reserves the right to refuse admission in cases of this nature, such as the following:
The school may not accept children with behavioral problems.
The school may accept children with special physical or learning needs if the Principal – after consulting with the child, the guardians, and involved staff members – finds that those needs can be adequately met by staff.
Should behavioral, learning, or physical problems surface during the school year, a student’s status will be re-assessed. The Principal - again, after consulting with the child, the guardians, and involved staff members – will decide whether the school can offer the special programs needed to continue the proper development or the student or whether other arrangements should be made.
St. Mary’s Catholic School accepts children of any race, color, sex, religion, or ethnic origin, provided that the parents agree to submit their child to the rules and regulations adopted by the school. St. Mary’s Catholic School complies with all applicable State and Federal laws regarding discrimination.